The Company respects and upholds the right to privacy protection of its customers, clients and users under the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (“PRIVACY ACT”) and any similar state or territory legislation applicable to the Company’s operations. Any personal information We collect about you is used to provide you with the best possible product and service based on your individual needs and to keep you informed of any additional services we may offer which may be relevant to you.
This policy describes how personal information about its customers and about users of its website “stix.com.au” (hereon collectively the “customers”) that it may collect and hold.
We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), visit our website or when you have contact with us in person (including agents such as delivery drivers). At no time do we collect any information from our customers other than that information that our customers voluntarily give us or is necessary to deliver products and services to its customers.
The Company may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about its customers:
- Name, address, birthday, age, telephone number and email address.
- Transaction details associated with customer purchases from Us, including some credit card details as disclosed below.
- Any information provided by the customer to Us through loyalty programs, customer surveys, or when an order is placed by the customer.
- Details of use of the website, our customers, including but not limited to server address, domain name, type of browser, date and time of our customer’s visit and pages accessed.
- Any additional information wilfully provided by our customers to Us.
- We may collect personal information about customers when they purchase goods and services from Us, when they contact Us with an enquiry, through any of the Company’s websites or social media platforms, when a competition or other promotion is being entered into by our customer, when our customer joins our loyalty program or our mailing list or complete a customer survey or when our customer has any similar dealings with Us.
We may hold personal information about our customers electronically and in hard copy records (including but not limited to email or SMS databases, and cloud backups of emails and other communications with our customers).
We take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information that it no longer needs and is not required by law to retain.
We take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal information that We hold from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example customer’s personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify customers as soon as is practicable and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about that actual or possible breach.
The Company may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about our customers for the following purposes:
- To assist in providing goods and services to the customers (for example to assist in delivering an online order or sending alerts to customers, such as delivery time of customer’s order or location of our premises)
- To communicate promotional offers, special events or other information which We think you will find valuable.
- For internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
- To assist with any calls made by our customers to Us.
- For any purpose made known to our customer at the time of collection of our customer’s personal information.
- To allow our customer’s comfortable use of the website
- In order to contact our customers with direct marketing materials and personalised communications via any medium including mail, telephone, mobile and tablet applications, and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future
- To administer and improve the website for customer’s use.
- To provide, maintain and improve our products and services.
- To customise the website based on customer’s preferences.
- To compile and analyse statistics and trends.
- To provide our customers with relevant direct marketing materials when they use the website.
The Company will not disclose personal information about its customers to any person except on a confidential basis to agents, advisers and suppliers that We use in the ordinary operation of business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing or as required by law. We may disclose relevant personal information to third parties when necessary. For example, your delivery details will be shared with our delivery drivers. Other than for the above, we will not disclose or share your personally identifiable information to any third parties for marketing or any other purpose without your prior consent, unless required by law.
At any time, our customers may opt out of receiving any communications from Us (other than as required to perform business operations, e.g. regarding payment of our customer’s account or delivery of our customer’s order), by contacting the Company.
To change your preferences simply write to us, phone us or email us at:
We also may use our customer’s IP address to as part of fraud prevention measures or help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our website.
Third Party Websites
We may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If our customer visits one of these linked websites, our customer should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
Orders through our website can be paid by an accepted credit card (which may be required to be presented by the customer upon receipt of relevant order). Payment is processed via secure payment gateway such as PayPal or Shopify. We don’t handle card transactions directly. Customer’s credit card details are required to process payment on the online order application, however the full details are not saved once the order is processed. Orders can be also directly via Paypal transaction. In that case we store no credit card details at all.
Our customers may have the ability to save their preferred payment method for our online ordering.
If it is considered by our customer that We have breached the Privacy Act, our customer may complain to Us within six months of the date of the alleged breach, in writing to the relevant postal address indicated below. Full details of the alleged breach must be provided. We will investigate the complaint and reply in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 60 days of receipt of the complaint. If We have breached the Privacy Act, it will endeavour to rectify the breach in an appropriate manner.
In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
References to the Company are to Stix Catering Pty Ltd ABN 53090018527.
Any questions or complaints about this policy or the management of any personal information about our customers by Stix Catering Pty Ltd should be made in writing to the postal address below.
Stix Catering Pty Ltd
6/14-18 Chapel Street
Marrickville NSW 2204
This policy represents Stix Catering Pty Ltd’s policy as at 30 March 2020. We may change this policy from time to time by updating the policy that appears on its website